2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Important Announcement: lugod is moving

[vox-announce] Important Announcement: lugod is moving

dear lugod,

as of august, z-world will be expanding its manufacturing section into
room 9, the room in which lugod meets.  while z-world still welcomes
lugod and will offer what's left of room 9 for our meeting space, it's
much too small for us.  without tables, 30 people would be very tight.

bill and i are currently looking into various options.  the most
promising options are:

1. the library

   pros:
   100-180 capacity, network connection, eating allowed.  only $10 per
   meeting.  has some kind of projector available.

   cons:
   we need to schedule the room ahead of time.  there's the possibility
   of getting "bumped" by other people.  if we're on the ball, this
   won't happen.  however, we can get bumped by city, county and library
   functions.  but, in fact, this is not very different than the way
   things were at lampost and steves (for all of you old farts who
   remember that far back ;-) ).

   disposition:
   i spoke with the library people.  they'd love to have us.  if:

    a) we can somehow get "special treatment" where 1st mon/3rd tues are
       reserved for us
    b) we get a 2 week notice of all bumps

   then the library would be no-brainer.  it would be perfect.

2. Novozymes Biotech

   disposition:
   alfredo is looking into this right now.

3. sagres

   disposition (final):
   eric said the meeting room is too small.

4. sudwerk's

   disposition:
   bill will be looking into this.

in any event, lugod will not go homeless.  i've spent all day looking
into other options, talking with people and emailing the lugod officers.
we'll find a new home for lugod.

our next few meetings are cool.  the first big meeting we'll have after
the move is the mad-dog hall meeting.   as bill pointed out, sudwerk's
may be an excellent venue here.   ;-)

so, no worry mates.  we'll still have an awesome meeting place.

pete