2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] Mar. 18th LUGOD Meeting: Dr. Richard S. Wallace, ALICE AI

[vox-announce] Mar. 18th LUGOD Meeting: Dr. Richard S. Wallace, ALICE AI Foundation

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  March 18th, 2002
  6:30pm - 9:30pm
  (Doors open at 6:00pm; please try to arrive on-time!)

The meeting will be held at:

  Z-World, Inc.
  2900 Spafford Street
  Davis, CA 95616

The topic will be:

  The Anatomy of A.L.I.C.E.
  presented by: Dr. Richard S. Wallace, the ALICE AI Foundation, San Francisco

    A.L.I.C.E. (The Artificial Linguistic Internet Chat Entity) is a free,
    Open Source project being developed by over 500 people around the world.
    For the past two years, it won the Loebner Prize, a Turing Test of
    artificial intelligence.

    Dr. Richard S. Wallace, A.L.I.C.E.'s creator, will visit LUGOD to speak
    about A.L.I.C.E., AIML, and the Foundation.

  A DVD copy of the Steven Spielberg movie "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence"
  will also be raffled!

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/zworld/

LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

  http://www.lugod.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org