2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] vox announcement

hi all,

rhonda and i are going to the east coast for 2.5 weeks; we're leaving
tomorrow morning.

if my procmail recipes work, :), jeff newmiller will be managing the lists,
so all list problems like:

	1. i can't unsubscribe!
	2. why does my post always appear twice?
	3. why is the list traffic so heavy?
	4. is there a digest mode?
	5. why don't we use newsgroups instead of mailing lists?
	6. can i advertise my harvested email address cd's to the list?
	7. who the phrack does joe arruda think he is?

will be handled by him.  you can contact jeff at:

	jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us

also, he'll be approving subscribe requests.

since jeff is doing this as a favor to me, please refrain from using "spicy"
language on the lists.  the last thing he needs is to be deluged by automated
content filter rejects.  i already have procmail filters set up to ignore
these, but he doesn't (yet).

also, please check your yahoo/hotmail/msn accounts regularly so he doesn't
get a million "over quota" messages.   :-)   for some reason, i get a lot of
these over the summer.   :)

btw, the answers to the above questions are:

1.	FILE *fp;
	fp = fopen("http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists";, "r");
	fread(brain, intelligence, 1, fp);

2. who do you think you are?  a joseph heller character?

3. you think unions were bad?  just wait till the matrix sequel comes out!

4. no

5. lord, give me strength...

6. sure, why not.

7. what is the sound of a single clapping hand?

i'll be reading my mail, but only sporadically.  so if i don't reply to your
email in my usual prompt fasion, please don't think i'm ignoring you.

have a great rest of the summer!   see everyone at the meeting after next!

pete
lod/h!