2008 Nov 08 13:52
[vox-announce] next meeting: mini presentation

[vox-announce] next meeting: mini presentation

dear all,

next meeting i'll be giving a mini presentation on how to write functions
with a variable number of arguments.

perhaps you wondered how printf can take an arbitrary number of arguments:

	#include<stdio.h>
	int main(void)
	{
		int two = 2;
		printf("%s number 1\n", "string");
		printf("%s number %d\n", "string", two);
		return(0);
	{

how do you prototype such a function?  in fact, even if you do have function
overloading, how do you handle an /arbitrary/ number of arguments?

perhaps you wondered what the "..." means in the prototype for printf:

	int printf(const char *format, ...);

i sure did.  the meaning is clear, but how do you "make it work"?

this will be the topic of my mini presentation at the next lugod meeting.

pete