Linux Users' Group of Davis - "Job Listings"
Welcome to the "Jobs" page at the Linux Users' Group of Davis,
a computer club dedicated to Linux, open source, and related topics, located
in Davis, California — near Sacramento, in the Central Valley of California,
and not too far from the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley regions.
This page, as well as our
'vox-jobs' mailing list, lists
jobs that LUGOD members might be interested in and/or qualified for. Enjoy!
Submitting Jobs for Posting |
Other Job Resources
The most recent job listings are at the top.
The job listing was last modified on:
Apr 21, 2017 14:32
|--- Front-End Software Engineer - Remote or on-site, Sacramento, CA ---|
Location: Remote or on-site, Sacramento, CA
(Contractor or full-time)
As a front-end software engineer at Digital Deployment, you will specialize in building next-generation responsive Drupal themes and help support existing clients for front-end questions and issues. You will work with a designer, a strategist, and a content specialist to build beautiful websites that empower our clients to communicate online.
- Working with the designer to make sure design comps are technically feasible and in alignment with the scope of the project
- Implementing complex responsive themes for Drupal 6/7/8 using modern front-end technologies
- Working directly with the client as second tier support for front-end questions and issues
- Continuously improving our front-end design and implementation processes, in service of quality and efficiency
- You have a good design eye, and the tenacity and judgement to prioritize your work; you know when being a perfectionist is called for
- You have the communication and collaboration skills needed to work in a small team, and directly with our clients
- You have experience building website themes using templates, preferably for Drupal using PHPTemplate
- You are current on CSS standards and browser support, and you use CSS preprocessors
- You version control your work using Git
- You know enough PHP to be dangerous
Digital Deployment has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations locally and nationwide since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain about 200 client websites and provide extraordinary training and support.
Why you should join our team
Digital Deployment invests heavily in its work culture and its people
and has been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of
the "Best Places to Work." And it shows: our clients and customers
love working with us. We honor each other's strengths and contributions
and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay,
full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food. (Once
Slack has a food transportation option, we'll Slack you food if
We are currently considering U.S.-based applicants only.
Apply online: http://www.digitaldeployment.com/job-opportunity/front-end-software-engineer
|--- Submitting Jobs for Posting ---|
Linux enthusiasts come from many diverse backgrounds and careers, not
limited to the computer science field. A common quality is that they are
all highly self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and intelligent. If
you are looking for employees of this sort please consider letting us know.
If you'd like to list a job here, or have your job listing removed (ie,
it's been filled) or changed, please e-mail
- Do not send file attachments, HTML e-mails or Word Documents.
Send your job posting (edited for brevity if possible) as a plain-text
- If you include phone numbers
or email addresses in your job posting (either for posting on this
page, or posting our our vox-jobs
mailing list, which is archived), please note whether you'd like
them included. If you don't specify, we'll assume they are valid contact
numbers/addresses which should be included with your
- The current policy is to regularly remove jobs which are older than about
- Posting priority is given to jobs in the Davis/Sacramento
area, then the San Francisco Bay Area. We typically do not
post out-of-state jobs (unless it's a telecommuting opportunity,
of course), as that's beyond the club's scope (Davis, California).
|--- Other Job Resources ---|
|--- LUGOD's 'vox-jobs' Mailing List ---|
LUGOD has a job-posts mailing list, as well,
You can browse the archives
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2015 Jun 05 11:34